donderdag 9 april 2020

Corona: Organisations Against Poverty

9 April 2020

From the castle of Laeken, Queen Mathilde spent the morning talking to Belgian organisations who help the underprivileged.

How are they coping with the COVID-19 pandemic?


She talked to ATD Quart monde Belgique, Réseau wallon de lutte contre la pauvreté and De Vrolijke Kring.



She also phoned a Wit-Gele Kruis home care nurse from Stekene, Cindy Apers who has volunteered to solely visit COVID-19 infected patients. 

According to Cindy: "It was an honest and open conversation. Even though I'd been briefed the Queen was going to call me, I felt a bit nervous. It felt unreal answering my phone with the words 'Good morning, Your Majesty'. My nerves quickly disappeared when we talked: Mathilde asked lots of questions: is our employer giving us enough support such as PPE and is there any psychological assistance for the staff? She also asked how my family was doing."

Cindy Apers continues: "Mathilde's really concerned about our patients, and in particular about elderly persons who are in quarantine. She wonders how they're coping without their caregivers. Mathilde said she's planning on calling some of my colleagues as well. She wants to let health care workers know that the royal family is thinking of them!"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Popular Posts