vrijdag 9 juli 2021

Camp Lagland

9 July 2021

At the start of Crown Princess Elisabeth (19)'s final summer camp at Camp Lagland in Arlon, the press was allowed to shoot images.




They saw the Princess and her fellow student-officers arrive in the early morning to parade in formation, salute the flag, do some exercises and have breakfast.











After a crawling exercise Elisabeth unexpectedly approached the journalists and photographers to address them a few words.

She said (in Dutch): "By now I've got used to getting up very early. I've had to adapt to many things here but I really enjoyed it. I met great people and I had many new experiences... So thank you for coming, I hope we'll see each other again the 21st of July". Then she switched to French: "Thank you so much for getting up so early to be here. I hope to see you on 21 July when I'll be marching at the parade with this group of people who've become my friends. Thank you, have a nice day."

The camp, where the students will among other things perfect their grenade launching skills, lasts until 30 July 2021. By then the first year is over for these students, and for Elisabeth it will be the end of her military formation. 






No doubt we'll hear in due time what the next step will be for Crown Princess Elisabeth!


1 opmerking:

  1. Please excuse my use of English, it is far better than my Dutch. However, she seems far happier and far more animated here than in pictures from other engagements. Compare the photos from the MACS visit. Perhaps here there are simply better photographers. Or is it possible that the reason her future educational plans have not been announced is because the possibility of her staying at the RMA is being explored?

    As other royal princes have discovered, being in a military unit or school provides a ring of "protection" of fairly loyal individuals that outsiders can't penetrate and who will not sell stories to the press. Besides it appears she actually likes these types of activities.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Popular Posts