For International Women's Day, queen Mathilde met a selection of leading ladies from the province Oost-Vlaanderen, at the governor's residence in Ghent.
Melissa Maas acted as lady-in-waiting.
The invited ladies were:
- Associate Professor of Gender Studies at Ghent University, Chia Longman.
- Olympic sailor, Evi Van Acker.
- Student entrepreneur of 2017, Ellen Bruyninckx
- Karen Verplancke, elected as prettiest farmer in 2016
- Brewer Claire Dilewyns
- Julie Baeckelandt, lady chef of the year
- Marlou Browaeys, PR executive at Classical Music Festival of Vlaanderen Gent
- Entrepreneur Wendy De Tandt.
- Volunteer of the year, Mukaddes Yurdaer
- Crown prosecutor, Ruth Mortier
- Caroline Van Driessche
- Meike Van Grembergen